Roast Beef Stroganoff
Use a syringe to help marinate the meat.
- 1 kg Roast beef
- 1 liter brine from Strub’s Pickles
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 3 tbsp. Steak spices
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 Chopped onion
- 3 Strub’s Dill Pickles
- 150g Chopped mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 2 cups Demi-glace sauce
- 10 ml White wine or vodka
- 3 tbsp. Fresh cream or sour cream
- Marinate the meat in the pickle juice and the Worcestershire sauce for 12 hours.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven at 350° C.
- Just before cooking, coat the meat with the rub.
- Cook the meat in the oven for 45 minutes. (20 minutes per pound)
- Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a pan, brown the onions and the mushrooms with butter.
- Deglaze with white wine or vodka.
- Add the demi-glace sauce until the desired consistency.
- Add the chopped pickles, the tomato paste and the cream.
Tips for gourmet cooking
- Use a meat thermometer and measure the internal temperature of the meat.
- Stop the cooking slightly before the desired internal temperature. (see below)
- Let the meat cool for a few minutes before serving.
Beef internal temperature guide
- Rare 135 to 140 °F
- Medium-rare 145 °F
- Medium 160 °F
- Medium well 170 °F
- Well done 180 °F